Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rockwool pollution in Istria

Unfortunately probably one of the biggest factories of stone wool in world is currently building in Istria. It is really sad, especially when we know that is situated in the walley with just under natural park “Učka”.
What are the effects of the 3 times smaller factory in Norway, you can see in video. In the meantime petitions are been signed, public demonstrations held (video in croatia), but with little effect for now.
And more, if we speak in terms of profit, seams that people of istria has paid to rockwool to come, with all concession made to them. For example, we (Istrian tax payers) will finance infrastructure (water, electricity), and Rockwool will be free of paying income tax for 10 years!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger patrice said...

Wow! I've been looking into traveling to Croatia recently and I just stumbled onto your blog. I'm bookmarking it so I can read through it more thouroghly. Is it expensive to travel in Croatia right now? I would travel with my husband and six year old daughter. I'd love to have personal feedback from someone who lives there.
Thanks!
Patrice

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger dragan said...

I don't think it's too expensive... It is good to come in early summer or early autumn (September). I'm not recommending to anyone to travel in full season: July or august.

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you might check out www.VerveEarth.com, a site for bloggers built on a GoogleMaps interface. You can add your blog to the global mosaic, drive traffic, and add a widget to your blog. Cheers! -VerveEarth Team

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Solitum said...

Hi Dragan,

i have problem getting you video to run - what can be the problem? I am actually danish and live in Croatia so it is quit interesting post for me.

I have 3 blog about croatia also the one on english you can find under this address

http://www.croatia-expert.com/

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger aptos said...

I'd like everyone to feel free to contact me at headburg@yahoo.com to discuss my family's plans to relocate to Croatia and Italy. Perhaps you can help us. Perhaps we can contribute something positive to your lives. Blessings, Richard Oxman
www.parisgraves.com
www.cancerfreeitaly.com
www.marcelsgeo.blogspot.com
www.useutravel.blogspot.com

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is really sad, especially when we know that is situated in the walley with just under natural park “Učka”

 

Post a Comment

<< Home